Charles W. Pratt, J.D. – Of Counsel
Charles Pratt is Of Counsel to Zeppos Rautiola LLP. His diverse legal expertise is very beneficial to clients as a “one-stop shop” in that he can help from business formation to contract negotiations to litigation.
Corporate and Commercial Transactions, Real Estate and Leasing, and Business Litigation
Charles provides expertise to his clients in a wide range of transactional and litigation matters. These have included:
Corporate and Commercial Transactions:
- Advising on various business entity formation and operation issues (& tax effects thereof)
- Advising on securities, stock sales, asset sales, mergers, and reorganization transactions
- Drafting and negotiating various complex corporate and business agreements
- Advising boards on corporate governance matters and internal procedures
- Advising on sales of goods, negotiable instruments, and secured transactions (UCC)
- Negotiating and drafting industry-specific license, co-development, and other intellectual property agreements, and other Internet, software, data-protection, and other technology agreements
Real Estate and Leasing:
- Negotiating and drafting commercial leases and advising on landlord-tenant matters
- Structuring and advising on real property acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures
- Advising on various real estate ownership, management, finance, and investor issues
- Working knowledge of complex business litigation matters
- Represented clients in a range of matters, including breach of contract, partnership disputes, employment litigation, and real estate litigation
- Preparation of motions and other pleadings, and conducting complex discovery
|J.D.||Chapman University School of Law (emphasis in taxation)|
Licenses and other information
Charles has been admitted to the State Bars of California and Texas. He is a member of the Orange County Bar Association.
Charles is also a licensed Real Estate Broker through the California Bureau of Real Estate.
Charles is a member of the “CHP 11-99 Foundation” which provides emergency benefits to California Highway Patrol employees and their families in times of crisis.
Email: Charles W. Pratt, J.D.